Thursday, February 19, 2015

Today, 2/19/15

Perfect fortune for me. Simple reminders like this keep my head up with a bit of a push to move forward towards success. 


Today I was able to spend some time with friends. I got to catch up with them about how I've been doing, but more importantly we just had casual conversation and talked about plans for the near future. We talked about taking a trip together, wedding plans, and birthday celebrations. It felt good to go back to my normal self in talking about fun things to do rather than how I'm not sure if I'll be healed or recovered by then.

When that started before the surgery, my social life quickly faded. It's hard to keep a steady social life when your friends are ready to head to the bar or have a big gathering and you have nervous thoughts about what is to come during or after the surgery. As my surgery was getting closer I had two nights where I really decided to have fun and be me, not knowing what the future would bring. I'm glad I did that, but it was definitely difficult going from fun party mode to a lack of social time. Luckily I have some great friends who I was able to keep in touch with and visit with, and now that I'm slowly but surely coming back, I'm even thrilled to go out to dinner with friends. 

Now talking about these plans for future dates, I can't predict what stage I will be at, but I've come to have hope that I will be able to have a social life full of fun and enjoy myself again like I used to. 

Today's Status:
2 days seizure free and smiling!

Hopes for the Future:
Continue to keep moving forward. "It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

No comments:

Post a Comment