Friday, February 13, 2015

Today, 2/13/15

Friday the 13th and I got an empty fortune cookie. Perhaps 2 negatives make a positive?

It's a good thing I still am feeling positive. I had the opportunity to speak to someone interested in the surgery and RNS. Whenever I tell my story and my possibilities for the future, I get a thrill talking about it. I love telling about my past, but even more so I love talking about what my goals are and why I made the choice to go through the tests, surgery, and RNS implant.

Looking back at my past, the memories are so clear when it comes to living a life with epilepsy while growing up from a teenager to an adult. The difficulties I've gone through and the roller coaster of experiences is something that I want to make others aware of. I want people to be aware of what some people with epilepsy go through and this is why we need the research. I also want doctors and those interested in the technology to use me as one who is willing to go through changes and studies in order to prevent others in the future from living a similar life that I did.

Many efforts have been put in to see what changes can be made to give me a seizure free life. There have been a series of positives and negatives, yet I do not regret anything I have gone through because it has shared knowledge with those who make a difference.

In having a goal of a seizure free life, there is unfortunately a possibility that I may continue to have seizures for the rest of my life. That does not mean my goal was not reached. My goal of a seizure free life is not only for myself, but for everyone else who goes through it as well. Take the studies, reactions, and all other information learned from my experiences and spread the knowledge to help others live their lives seizure free. If that happens to take a step towards a cure for the future, I consider my goal reached.

Today's Status:
2 seizures, and an increased dose in medication. I feel my stress slowly fading as my decision is becoming more clear.

Hopes for the Future:
Help relieve others from the experiences I've been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment